Sunday, July 16, 2006

A Lump in the Throat and a Tear in my Eye

So, yesterday was the Karate test. We said goodbye and thank you to Sensei Dan and while I had a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye, I did not ugly cry. Thank Goodness. They would have just called me the crazy pregnant mama that ugly cries. *giggle*

The Test

Mikey did so well; I was so proud. At the last test he was promoted but on probation. It was a direct result of him not giving it his all. But, after the EKC (Extreme Karate Camp) something changed withing him. He started to give effort. It was apparent at the test yesterday. He not only got off his probation, he was promoted to a green belt.

We took some pictures with Sensei. He said to Mikey, "Make sure you take this picture to show your new Sensei what a handsome Sensei you had in Georgia." It made us laugh. It's those comments that I'll miss hearing. Hopefully our next one is as pesonable and likeable as this one. However, I have a feeling that the next Sensei will have some hard shoes to fill. I'll feel like the mom that loved her son's girlfriend so MUCH and they broke up and no one would ever compare to the old girlfriend.

No comments: