Friday, November 25, 2005

Thanksgiving

I think this Thanksgiving takes the cake for the most relaxed, most laidback and most different. I got up around 7:30, put on a pot of coffee, got the kids some milk and Ovaltine, sat down at the PC for a few with my coffee, got Michael up, got ready and we left the house about 20 after 10. We got to my mother-in-law's house at about 11:30am and set out to the Marietta Diner. I had the best cup of seafood bisque and it has spurred an interest in making my own. The kids' plates were really fit for adults and the traditional plates that we had (Regina & I had turkey and all the trimmings, Michael had roast lamb, Mr. Tommy had baked ham) were overfull. And, boy-oh-boy, was it ever good. We went home with 4 to-go boxes and we actually got into them later on, at home, and made ourselves sick doing so. After lunch we went back to the in-laws' house and I tried to feel comfortable but my belly was too distended and I actually felt better to stand than to have a seat. About an hour later we piled up in the truck and came home. The rest of the day was spent lounging around while the kids played and we talked to my parents and grandparents, too. I got online and roamed all the empty boards. At about 7pm I fell into the bed and power-napped for 1/2 an hour. I woke up, just in time, to get the kids bathed and ready for SURVIVOR! After that we threw the chi'ren in their beds, said prayers and kissed them nigh-nigh! The rest of our night was spent belly-achin'. Lesson of the day (which I'm sure many learned the hard way): DO NOT OVEREAT!

No comments: