Monday, September 26, 2005

One Fan & One Actor

I wrote this post at The Fuselage (a LOST site) in the "For Terry O'Quinn .... John Locke" forum:

Dear Mr. O'Quinn,

I am just writing to say that you are a supurb actor. When I started watching LOST I was giddy with excitement that you were one of the main characters. I knew the show was bound for greatness.

My husband and I were diehard fans of MILLENIUM and Chris Carter, in general, but we were really heart-broken when the show's plug was pulled. We have always felt that it was, infact, "killed" because Y2K was upon us and the show was hitting on some seemingly controversial matter. What's your take or knowledge of why that late great show was cancelled?

Also, I would like for you to know that we often refer to "Peter Watts" around here and we say it the way you said it in the series (P-eh-ter Vatts). Your portrayal of him will never be forgotten.

Sincerely,
Mishelle

I wrote that yesterday morning. Yesterday evening I checked back to get this response. TOO COOL!!

I heard it was some political in-house thing at FOX, Mishelle, or maybe CC was gettin' to big for his britches. I don't know, but that show could have gone on for a while. I liked the first season better than the second. TPTB (the powers that be) were afraid it was too dark and brooding. I thought that was the whole idea.Glad you're liking LOST, though.

Terry

No comments: