Monday, September 26, 2005

Michael's Angel Flight

Written on Sunday September 25, 2005:

Michael was supposed to be home before 2pm yesterday; we had a birthday party to attend. But, yesterday morning, while at Mikey's Karate Demonstration at Play in the Park Michael called to tell me that he and another pilot are making an Angel Flight into Louisiana. They flew in a doctor.. I did ask him if it was safe to fly in due to the wind and rain and he assured me that it was. I pray that everything goes as smoothly as possible.

**Update**

Everything went very well. They flew into New Orleans International and he said, I've driven by that airport, has to be, a million times and I never imagined that I'd be landing a plane on one of those runways."

He told me that it was eerily void of planes and that it was just strange. They flew in from the north (over Slidell and Metairie) and he said that there wasn't a house in Slidell that didn't have a blue tarp on it and that Metairie was now dry. I forgot to ask him about the condition of the Causeway but I'll ask when he gets home today.They landed in 30-35 mph winds. He said it was one of the hardest, yet fullfilling, landings to date.

No comments: