Sunday, October 08, 2006

This I Enjoy

I'm sitting here at the kitchen table and the children are sitting here with me. The boys are building Bionicles and the girl is drawing. The TV is off, everyone is fed (including the dogs), my parents are gone out (no bother there) and the day just turned to night. I look to my left and see the new Halloween decorations that I got and think about the end of the month when we will be dressing up and celebrating All Hallows Eve.

It's times like these when I know that motherhood is my most rewarding path. While I want to scream and run for the hills, at times, I know that I could never find anything that fullfills me as much as this. Right here. Right now. This is what makes my life worthwhile.

So, how will things change in the coming months? How will our new addition shift the family structure? How easy and how hard will it be?

Quite frankly, I think that things will evolve to what they should be and I'm not even the least bit worried. Sure, I have questions and speculations about how life will be altered but I'm not fretting. These kids are so wonderful, so well adjusted and so loving that things cannot be negative.

One thing's for certain, our house will be loud. Our house will be busy. Our house will be a bit chaotic. But, I wouldn't want it any other way. This I enjoy.

No comments: