Friday, August 04, 2006

Breakin' Balls

A friend, whom shall remain nameless, went shopping with Olivia and I this evening. Her two year old toddler, whom shall remain nameless, was also in tow. After shopping a bit in Target (where I got a lovely clearance priced purse) we went to a little shop called the Country Peddlers. This particular shop has grown in recent years from a produce stand to a full out grocer with a meat market, a retail store, a garden center and now an ice cream shoppe.

Anyyyyyway... Today was this pregnant lady's opportunity to try to heavenly treat called gelato (which my friend whom is still remaining nameless has raved about for months) and you betcha bootie I was all over that like white on rice. I went to the window to our our gelato and Livey's ice-cream while my friend, whom shall remain nameless, watched her son, whom shall remain nameless, and my kiddette. I got the goods and walked over to them to find my friend's son, whom shall remain nameless, holding two gazing balls (one smaller than the other). I said, "Is he ok with those?" and not a moment sooner he dropped the bigger one. She froze. I froze. The lady that was standing there with her child froze. I think Livey laughed, I'm not sure. I think the toddler, whom shall remain nameless, pointed and said "it boke". All I could do was wave my hand like a Jedi at the woman with her child and say, "You did not see anytihng" and we finished our gelattos and got the hell outta dodge. I sure as fuck didn't have $70.00 to buy the broken item and my friend, whom shall remain nameless, just dropped $40.00 at Target and I'm sure she didn't have it either. We concluded that it serves them right having all those gazing balls sitting around. Asshats.

No comments: