Friday, November 18, 2005

I Have Officially Grown Up

My mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas and upon serious thought I told her that I wanted and needed a new vacuum cleanerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (my r key is sticking sporadically; sue me!). So, we discussed possibly taking a vacuum back with me after our fall visit but I had so much stuff to lug back that I asked her if we could do a gift card or something and I could just buy it here. She agreed, no problem what-so-ever. So, last week she called to tell me that Kohl's was running a special on various bagless models. I bought the paper (I'm trying to clip coupons to help save money) and parused the ads. I saw the Bissell that Kohl's had and it met all the requirements I had for a new vacuum. I told herrrrrrrrrr of it and the next day I went and got it.

Fast forward to yesterday. I took the new, dearly beloved, sparrrrrrkly, beautimous vacuum out of it's box and screwed in the handle and looked over the little book and I plugged it in and I began cleaning. Oh. Mah. Gahd. I think I had an orgasm. It was WONDERFUL. There's these two buttons on it and when the place you are vacuuming is dirty the rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrred light will shine and then when it's clean a green light will shine. How cool is that? There were patches of carpet that were so infested with dog hair, human hair, dust and general microscopic shit that I went over the spot like five times before the green light told me to go on. By the time I vacuumed the whole house (half-assed, mind you) my bagless container was full of compacted grossness. I was appauled. But, the house was clean and a new smell emerged. Our house doesn't really smell like dog (at least I don't think it does but it might) however the new, clean smell was wonderful. Truthfully, I can't wait to pull it out again and if Michael weren't home sick today I would've already done used it again. Hopefully he'll be well enough so that I can get a few minutes of vacuuming in tomorrow morning.

There you have it. I'm a grown up. I got really excited over a vacuum cleaner. I bragged about it at Olivia's Girl Scout meeting. I called friends and told them about it. I spoke to a stranger about it. I even dreamt about this vacuum, last night. Now I've blogged it. I'm fucked. Really I am. "I don't wanna grow up, la la la la la la..." Oh well, it was bound to happen sometime.

Now I'm off to iron. Because, oh yeah, my mom gave me money for a new iron, too. It's a Rowenta. Apparently the best on earth. We'll see how it compares to the Bissell (which btw is NOT in the garage b/c it has it's own special place in a closet - I was not about to have my lovie in a cold garage now, was I?).

No comments: