Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Dear Coffee,

Thank you for warming my hand. Thank you for making me feel nice and warm. And, thank you for waking me up.

I know that for many years I neglected you. I turned to cold bubbly caffeine drinks with massive sugar. That was wrong! To think of all the time I wasted ordering double-doubles and mochas from Timmy's. To think of all the sugar packets I added to my cup at Perkins. To think of all the mornings & nights I spent drowning myself in Coke and Pepsi. Oh, how I did you wrong.

Now, I know better. No longer do I mask your ambrosial flavor. No longer do I seek to defy your very existance. And someday I will seek to pay respect and homage to you in the ownership of my very own shop dedicated to your greatness.

Your Dedicated Consumer,
Me

No comments: